Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The skinny



Something happens everyday on my way to work.

Every.
Single.
Day.

I guess the odds are stacked in my favor, what with my 90 minute (one-way) commute and the varied combination of trains and busses I take into Los Angeles ...

I have to hand it to the Los Angeles Metro system though. They spent some big bucks I'm sure to hire an amazing advertising agency to make them look very cool on the surface. Bubbly fonts on the cement walls say cute things like "You look great. Have you been going Metro?"

But then the rubber meets the road and a women appears out of nowhere approaching random people for train fare. When one woman ignores her, she suddenly starts running around in circles saying "little botox girl, little botox girl."

There's also the bus driver who stopped making the stops because he was too concerned with chasing down another bus driver who he didn't think was driving very well (irony anyone?) ... the bus driver who opened the door to shout at the Comcast guy to get some 411 on getting cable ... The train driver who parked the train at the station, left the driver's box and wandered off to God knows where while we all sat trapped in the train car for an undisclosed amount of time ...

Yep. This is my new life. And now, thanks to the magic (curse?) of the blog, you too can share in my daily (daily!) experiences.

No comments: